Bring Your Own Devices is a new service, which is an increasing trend hitting in Business, the concept is employee can bring their own devices to the Business entity. As the emergence of smartphone system has made the corporate to accept user can use their own devices in business Environment.
Smartphone is the best example for BYOD devices, other than BYOD, BYOC (Bring your Own Computer), BYOL (Bring your own Laptop) are some of the similar services are also emergence with BYOD.
Security risk for BYOD is very high, as users are allowing to accesses corporate network result in security attack and breaches. High restricting security policy will minimize the risk in corporate network.
· A well training to the users about the value of the data to provide for the BYOD users, such Business Impact if their devices is not full secured.
· Policy should be made for data ownership even though their devices having personal data, having ownership like remote wiping to factory default setting of the stolen devices which is under BYOD policy.
· Patch management, for those BYOD devices updating of Patch file should be done only by the management approach only, like the administrator have check the positive and negative site of the batch and recommend for new update.
· If the devices are under violation or illegal activates, it should be clearly mentioned to the users about legal investigation of the devices.
· Antivirus management also maintained through the policy, BYOD devices users should install recommended antivirus software in order to have a secure environment.
· There should be clear concern about camera and video, as some company will not allow the users to take pictures and videos of their environment this should be clearly mentioned.
· Finally, the users should accept the policy required by the office, else should not allow the BYOD devices to the offices.